When it’s time to start crossing off names on your holiday list, make sure your shopping begins right here on Langdon Street. Whether you need a modest but memorable secret santa gift for the office or the extended family, a really nice gift for the loved ones at the top of your list, or a few little somethings to fill up the stocking, we’ve got you covered. Explore our gift guides below to find the perfect presents, big or small, at The Shoe Horn!
- Frye boots (Natasha) – THE gift for those who’ve been nice all year! Hand-crafted boots with unique patterned leather and classic styles that pair with everything from jeans to leggings and skirts.
- Rockflowerpaper infinity scarves (Lexi) – A staple to dress up your everyday ensembles, in beautiful multi-tonal prints and a fabric just right to wear all year round.
- Stationary from Rifle Paper Co. (Matti) – This unique stationary makes an eye-catching stocking stuffer or New Year’s gift. Holiday cards, calendars, day planners, and more!
- Socksmith Bamboo socks (Charlotte) – Believe it or not, nothing is cozier than bamboo. These environmentally-friendly socks in fun and funky prints are sure to make you smile!
- Sorel Joan of Arctic wedge boots (Shay) – nothing keeps you warm like a touch of sass and these are the most comfortable high-heeled boots you’ll ever wear…they even deliver on function with a hearty winter tread!
- Jewelry by Jen Kahn (Nikki) – Crafted from metals like copper, brass, and silver, these locally-made pieces combine industrial with natural for a modern Bohemian look you’ll wear with everything.
- Ibex Nikki Loden vests (Corrie) – wicked warm and impressively versatile, this classic Ibex vest is a terrific layering piece for the office or the weekend. Men’s Ibex vests also available!
We’re thrilled to announce that this week’s Art Walk at The Shoe Horn features celebrated photographer Ethan Hubbard! Join us Friday, December 2 from 4-8pm (extended Art Walk hours!) to view photographs selected from Hubbard’s book Thirty Below Zero. In Praise of Native Vermonters. This collection of portraits pays tribute to native Vermonters in images captured over a 40-year period from 1964-2004. In Hubbard’s own words, “These are men and women whose bloodlines carry 200 years of cold and snow, hardship and laughter, tribulations and triumphs, and thankfulness to be alive.”
Copies of Thirty Below Zero will be on sale during Art Walk for just $5! All proceeds benefit Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports.
We’re celebrating “Shop Local” the entire weekend after Thanksgiving:
Want a good excuse to wear your favorite flannel shirt? Or to start your holiday shopping with some great deals? Or to support the community you work in, live in, and love? Well forget one good excuse – here’s three: Flannel Friday, Sock Saturday, and Cider Monday at The Shoe Horn and Onion River Sports!
Flannel Friday | Friday, November 25: Get $10 off each $50 you spend when you wear flannel on Flannel Friday at The Shoe Horn and Onion River Sports! Then stick around for other great deals at participating stores across town.
Sock Saturday | Saturday, November 26: Take 20% off all socks all day long at The Shoe Horn and Onion River Sports! Stock up on stocking stuffers from Darn Tough, Smartwool, and more!
Cider Monday | Monday, November 28: Enjoy a FREE cup of hot mulled cider while you shop! Forget staring at a blue screen for Cyber Monday – come downtown and shop with a warm, cozy cup of cheer.
Here in Montpelier, we do cozy and local much better than many other places on earth. We also like to hang out with our families and friends, sleep in, and relax over the holiday weekend. That’s why we call it “Flannel Friday” instead of “Black Friday”. It sounds much better that way and it feels better to shop at stores like The Shoe Horn; unique, locally-owned shops with great gifts for everyone on your list. There aren’t competitive sales that will have you leaping up from Thanksgiving dinner and strapping on your elbow pads and running shoes, but there are some great things waiting for you if you want to take it easy and enjoy the weekend!
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us! See you at the sales!
Does your November need a little boost? Brighten it up with a splash of color and a touch of style. Celebrate New Look November with warm, comfy, and elegant new accessories at The Shoe Horn! Stop in and see our fabulous selection of leather handbags and wallets, scarves, gloves, hats, jewelry, and more from brands like Osgoode Marley, Frye, Pistil, Ibex, Hobo, and Mo&Co.!